Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Farewell Home

My parents sold their house. They bought a smaller place in a retirement community. It's all on one level, they don't have to do yard work, etc. They've needed to downsize for years now as they've gotten older. We all used to balk when mom would bring up selling the house but it's a good thing for them and seems like the time was right.




But even so, it's a little bit sad at the same time. We moved to that house right before I turned 8 and even though I haven't actually lived there for years now, it's still home. I've had a great life in that house. And it's enough. It's really the people who make the home so even though we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving (probably) and Christmas (definitely) in a different place, I'll still be with the people who matter most.









No comments:

Post a Comment