Friday, November 6, 2015

Bai Tu Long Bay

Very early in our planning, I knew I wanted to go to Halong Bay. As I was researching which tour to take and how long, etc. I read how crowded the bay can get and issues with trash in the water. After a little more digging I found "the bay less traveled". Bai Tu Long Bay is north of Halong Bay but still has the same karsts and views.






We booked the tour with a company called Indochina-Junk for 3 days and 2 nights and it was perfect. I would highly recommend them.



Our boat was the Dragon's Pearl II

The tour started with a pick up in Hanoi and then we had to travel for about 4.5 hours until we got to Halong Bay city where we got on the junk. I'm not sure what the actual distance is but I think most of the travel time was because the speed limit isn't that high and there are lots of other vehicles and obstacles on the roads.
 
On the way we stopped for lunch and got to see a traditional water puppet show.

 
 
The junk was so much fun. Not very big, only 11 cabins. We had one of the cabins at the back of the main level. We just sailed around the karsts and got to stop to kayak and swim. It was really a perfect time and so relaxing.

Here I am relaxing on the sun deck

 


The sky was hazy a lot of the time (really, through our entire time in Vietnam) and I don't have the knowledge, or the camera, to really capture the water but I loved it when it was this jade green color.





Beach time after which we had dinner in a cave






View from the entrance of the cave

This cruise is going down as one of my favorite things we've done on our trips. The food was great, it was relaxing, the views were fantastic, our fellow cruise-mates were so nice, the weather was perfect...I could go on and on. I don't even have the words to describe the butterflies and the fish jumping or the feeling of cruising in the dark and relaxing on deck looking up at the stars.

Loved the views
 
 I'd recommend this to anyone thinking of going to Halong Bay. Go to Bai Tu Long Bay for 3 days and 2 nights with Indo-china Junk.


No comments:

Post a Comment