Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2026

Back to Life

It’s been a busy week. My first major item was an expensive one. Earlier this year when I tried to have my tankless water heater flushed, they discovered some major issues with corrosion or something because of the hard water. The guy helped me call the company, but to make a long story short, the lack of water softener made the warranty null. Which the first company never told me. They only said I needed to have it flushed every year. Anyway, it’s fixed. I have a new tank and a new water softener on my hot water only. So I don’t have to drink it and I won’t water my plants with it. Maybe it will make my tub easier to clean? What I do know is that my hot water is getting hot much faster than it did before so I’ll take it. I don’t feel like I’m wasting so much water any more as I wait for it to get hot. 


I also had my first colonoscopy today. Blah. I know what people say: it’s the prep that sucks and then its a nice nap. But that didn’t calm my anxiety. The liquid diet was probably the worst. I did eat jello too but I had a headache all day long. The laxative tasted bad, but not as bad as I was expecting. I drank it through a straw and while my stomach was rolling a bit, I didn’t get the urge to throw up. Truly, from everything I had heard, I had built it up in my head and that’s probably where most of the anxiety came from. But it truly was a great nap! LOL My sister picked me up and got me an Einstein's bagel on the way home. And the extra wonderful thing is that it’s finally raining and I get to lay on the couch and just listen to it. I have other comfort food ready to go, including a Dr. Pepper. I’ll continue to have today as a self care day and get back to work/life tomorrow. Now, after the 2+ weeks of travel, I’m happy to be at home for a while and back in my routines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment