Pages

Friday, August 7, 2026

Home! Home! Home!

Man, it's been a busy few weeks. I knew it would be when I planned my vacation, but now I'm back and I'm so happy to be home for a while. I slept in my own bed last night again and finally slept through the night. 

I've been in North Carolina for work. I had a weekend home to do laundry and repack between my vacation and work trip. 

It was nice to see my team in person. We were celebrating the retirement for one of my team and that was bittersweet. I will miss her but am also excited for her. Part of the celebration included a pottery class. It was so fun! I really enjoyed it and would love to do it again.



We only made them on the wheel and they will be dried and glazed for us and then I will pick mine up when I go back to Charlotte later this year. It was definitely harder than it looks, but I'd love the chance to do it again when I'm not so focused on making something. Just to learn more of the techniques. It takes way more muscle than I thought to force the clay to move up. 

Next week will also be a bit busy, but I'm looking forward to being back in my routine for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment