Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Life is Good

Sometimes life gets extremely busy. I’ve been busy lately which is good and bad. I was talking with my sister the other day about how busy she is. She’s now got 3 kids in school and a 1 year old at home. Spencer is in boy scouts now and Livi has achievement days twice a month and my sister is trying to figure out bus schedules and manage her little family. While I don’t have kids, I still have a household to manage.  The advantage is that I can just talk to myself to get everything figured out.  I love the scripture in Ecclesiastes 3:1 that says: To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. I like how life goes in seasons and cycles.

I’ve been busy managing my time since earlier this summer when I was asked to be the relief society president in my ward. I’m learning to love it but it has been a big adjustment for me to give up time that I had to do other things. 


One of the things that had me a little busy this past month has been the temple open house. I was able to volunteer as an usher a couple times and then I’ve had the opportunity to play the piano in the visitor’s tent. It’s been fun and I’m glad our temple is ready to be open again soon.  We took the kids to see it one night and then had to go for ice cream.

 
Anyway, life is good. Not without problems but really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment