Hello self! Remember when I said I wouldn’t spend any more money? Ha ha ha ha ha ha
I had a really nice weekend. I stayed off of all social media for 2 whole days and it felt wonderful. I spent some time with my family and spent some time outside. I even tackled a big project I didn’t know I wanted to do: I cleaned out all my piano music. It felt so good to go through it all and get it organized. I had 2 copies of My Heart Will Go On and nobody even needs 1 copy of that song. I have some to donate because I’m never going to play them and then a bunch of printed off copies of things to shred. I had more duplicates of songs than I care to admit. So things started out well.
Monday, I drove to my office to find that the plant had no water. I made it about 45 minutes then drove home to work. I had brought peaches for breakfast and with no way to wash my hands after I peeled them, it just wasn’t going to work. And then the day got worse and yesterday was even worse. I had a project go live and just had a lot of issues to work through. Finally, after a really long day, I can say that only one of the issues was actually our system. Everything else was people not using all the information we gave them or watching the training that we recorded. So it’s been frustrating and I expect another long, frustrating day today. But today, I feel a little better prepared to deal with it.
Last night after work, I got some exercise and finished a puzzle. Then I took myself off to the bookstore. Mary Roach has a new book out and I decided to buy it rather than borrow from the library - still not borrowing paper books from them since my fine. ;) I ended up with 3 books. Oops! Then I got some chocolates and a 1 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper. Retail therapy!
Anyway, I did feel better and got some sleep last night. I may be doing a few breaks to take tiny walks today. I’ll do what I need to do to deal with the stress. It won’t be this way forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment