Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2025

Money, Money, Money

Ug. I am my own worst enemy. Ha ha, I recently went on an online shopping spree and bought absolutely nothing that I needed. Shirts, sheets, a book, perfume samples, and a few other things. I’ve decided that I need to net zero a little bit here so I’m going to try and clean out my bookshelves and my closet for a D.I. run. It’s almost the weekend and that’s a good activity. 

I’ve put myself on a spending freeze until my savings account gets back up. It’s the lowest it has been in a long time because I just paid for my Europe trip later this year. It’s only 1 account; I have more savings (this is the one I can spend from) but I do hate to see it getting so low. And honestly, this one account probably still has more money in it than most Americans have saved, if you can believe the news.

So I have made up a budget for Christmas spending and giving. And I have so many things already at home that I can do instead of sitting on the couch bored and spending money. Puzzles, books, cross stitching, blanket making, rag wreath craft, adult coloring books, playing the piano, walking, yoga, strength training, cleaning, sorting, cooking…I think I’m going to stick this list in my calendar notebook so I can refer back to it. LOL I don’t really like to sit and watch tv, but I should absolutely not be bored. Plus, over half this list can be done while listening to books, tv, podcasts, and music. 

I’m a spender. I know it. It’s my natural inclination. I also have to be the one to save because nobody is going to do it for me. I’m still not in debt. I still have a nice savings account. I’m still going to do some fun things by myself and with friends and family. But I’m also going to try and curb the impulsiveness for the rest of the year. I can have impulsive fun next year for my birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment