Wednesday, September 23, 2015

PiYo Week 8 and Final Thoughts

Yesterday I finished the 8 weeks of PiYo workouts.  I have lost 8 lbs (yay!)  and I tried taking measurements but none of them have gone down. However, I’m wearing my smaller pants today so I’m not too worried about that (and for all I know I could totally have missed the spot I measured last time since it’s not something I can pinpoint exactly).  I can definitely feel the difference in my clothes.  The goal was to be able to wear my hiking pants and one of the pairs is going to fit.  I’ll take it!

Final thoughts:

Overall, I liked PiYo although I still think it moves a little fast for beginners to get the correct form. My knees didn’t like it so much. Toward the end I had knee pain and my right knee is still creaking when it bends.  I have seen my flexibility improve, which I love.  I also ended up with a little definition in my arms. That hasn’t happened in a long time. I like Chalene as an instructor.  I’d do more of her workouts, ha ha, except the clips I’ve seen online look hard. Don’t think I’m quite ready for that level of intensity. Besides my knees hurting the other real issue I had was that I got bored because you are essentially doing the same moves in almost every workout. By this last week, I kind of hated doing it.

I’m pretty happy with what I accomplished in the 2 months. I’m sure I could have had better results had I been putting that much effort into my eating but it got me to the point where I’m ready to keep going with getting regular exercise. Right now I’m tired of PiYo workouts (and my knees need a break) so I’m going to go back to walking and other things for a while.  Then I’d like to try it with more variety so I’ve put together my own PiYo hybrid schedule based on some I saw online and using DVDs and the treadmill I already own.  I will go 2 weeks without repeating a workout so hopefully that will help with the repetitiveness and the knees will feel ok.
I’ve decided to do a little hike tonight after work and I’m kind of excited to get some exercise that isn’t PiYo. I feel good and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment