We’re now almost to the last quarter of the year and I have been going to water aerobics since the end of January. I have missed some weeks. Work travel, vacation, theater….and then there have been a few times where I just really didn’t feel like going. But on the whole, I have consistently gone for about 8 months now. I’m starting to see small changes in my arms. My forearms are definitely getting smaller and more defined. I remember one time looking at them in the shower and wondering how they had gotten so big with no muscle. They are changing for sure, but so are my upper arms. I still have flab and they aren’t super defined, but I can see muscle there now. And I already know my lower body is getting stronger because of the way I can get up off the floor so much easier now.
I still have a long way to go, but this is the point where I’m starting to see a little bit of results and it makes me want to keep going. Honestly, the membership is worth the pool alone and its one of the best things I could have done for myself this year. I’m making friends there (even though it’s not the type I hang out with outside of the pool) and between the exercise and the community, it’s just helped me so much, both mentally and physically.
I’m wondering this winter if I want to add another day. Some of the ladies really like the aqua jump class where they have mini trampolines in the pool. They say the water keeps it from being hard on the knees. So I might try that, but also, there are other classes and a whole gym, plus the walking track.
I’m still struggling with sugar, but my eating is slowly improving as well. I’ll get there. It actually feels like I might really get there this time, making slow changes that I can actually live with.
No comments:
Post a Comment