Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

More Repairs

Yesterday when I was driving to work my neighbor called and said my garage door was open. She went and shut it for me, but it wouldn't stay down. I played around with it last night and cleaned the sensors and knew I wasn't going to be fixing it myself. 

It turns out the gear in the motor was broken and I had him install a new unit and a new rail thing that it runs on. Oh my gosh, I love it! I know I said I was going to cut down on my spending, but this was worth it. The other one was over 20 years old anyway. He also installed the remote entry for me. I already had one purchased and it was sitting on my shelf waiting for someone with a drill. Now, I have a very quiet garage door that I can open in my car, on my phone, or with the keypad. 

Hopefully, I'm done with costly repairs now. Lets keep it to the hundred dollar range for a little while, hm? Still, I'm very happy with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment