I took today off work and my sister and I took the kids down to Fan X. It’s early out for school so we caught the 1:07 train down to Salt Lake and went to pick up our wristbands. The kids are still free, which is nice. At that time of day, there is no line to get inside. I don’t know why I like going. I mean, I can totally get behind getting excited about things you like. I don’t recognize most of the costumes, but they are always so fun to see. The kids got a picture with some K-pop demon hunter girls and also saw a bunch of some blue haired girl that they love.
I guess I think it’s just fun to be part of the geekery and fans. I still can’t justify getting a celebrity picture but I don’t judge those that love to do that. I still really want to get to some of the panels one year. I say that every year and I mark them on the app, and then just don’t go. This year we got there too late for the ones I was actually interested in. We did hit up a K-pop dance party, but I left quickly. There were way too many people in the room and I wasn’t dancing. The kids wanted to try it though. We got to some vendors and artists and I bought a trilogy of books from a UT author that I have been meaning to try. She was really nice to talk to so I was happy to support her and buy her books. ha ha Now I have to actually read them.
Then we walked over to the mall food court and got dinner and we were able to catch the 6:25 train back home. I get peopled out pretty quickly in those crowds. I think what I would like to try for next year is getting a 2 day pass and going down in the morning one day just to explore exactly what I want to. And then I could go back for a half day with the kids and be happy to do what they want. I’m absolutely fine with what we did today. There’s just so much more going on that we didn’t even get to experience. But more than 4 hours at a time is kind of a lot for me. I guess we need to figure out how to rest up and get out of the crowds and then maybe go back in? Anyhow, I’ve already blocked off 2 days at work next September. While I don’t want to travel to a bigger con, I love having one in my backyard that I can get to pretty easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment