Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2026

Food

I’m heading into my 3rd week of low fat and low sugar eating since I started on July 7. So far the food I’ve eaten from my freezer stash hasn’t triggered any pain. It hasn’t been as hard as I thought it would be, although I know I’m still barely starting.  The weekends and especially the off Sunday where I’m home by myself is what I need to be careful with. It’s not that I’ve eaten terribly healthy, but I haven’t had any junk food, and I’ve consciously been eating more fruit and vegetables. And every day, I’ve had a little bit of chocolate. 

Right now my biggest issue is that I feel like I’m going to get bored with my food really fast. Looking at some of my Pinterest recipes, even just the ones that sound good and I haven’t tried, they have a lot of cheese in them. 😭  So trying to figure out ways around that because soon I’m not going to know what to eat. And I think I’m going to have to learn to substitute butter and creams in some of my recipes. 

I made a veggie and pasta dish tonight (that I have made a few times) and used gluten free pasta made from red lentils and left off the cheese completely. It is fine, but would be better with the cheese. And since I’m not eating butter, I haven’t had any toast or anything like that either. On the plus side, I did realize today that I don’t eat butter on my favorite rolls. So when it’s cold enough to bake, I can freeze a batch and still get some enjoyment out of them. Hopefully, anyway. I’m still not exactly sure what triggered the pain. 

Do I feel better? In some ways yes. I think my digestive system is having to get used to eating a little less “white”. But I haven’t had the overly full feeling that I get when I binge eat junk food, that makes it hard to lay down to sleep. I’m motivated to keep going if only to keep the painful stomach aches away. Hopefully, it will eventually feel more normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment