Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2026

One More Down

I took my sister and the twins shopping today. The twins birthday is next week and they wanted to pick their own presents. We decided to hit up a mall and an indie bookstore, so we chose to go down to Sandy. Rosie got clothes and Ollie got a dress up and they both got a couple cheap things from Ulta. 

Then we went over to The Printed Garden, which is an indie/used bookstore on my list. Turns out they have a record store in the basement and they were having a big sale and the records had taken over the store and there were a lot of people in there. It was actually pretty fun to browse through everything. I got a couple books and my sister got a few records. So that’s one more checked off the list and July is complete. 

And I think I finally figured out what gallbladder pain feels like. A few months ago, I had a bad stomach ache (I thought) and figured I had eaten something bad. And then I felt a little weird last Sunday and then on Monday by the time I left work, I had the stomach ache back again. But it’s not really in my stomach (although that doesn’t feel good) and it’s a weird pain almost across my ribs. Anyway, I know I have gallstones from a scan that I got last year and the pain lines up pretty well with what I’ve been reading. 
Since I don’t want pain, or surgery right now, I started doing some digging on what I should try to avoid so I’m making some changes to my diet. It’s only been a few days and I know it’s going to be an uphill battle to figure out what to eat for the long term. High fat and high sugar are out so there goes a lot of the stuff I like to binge on. I’m hoping I can get through the leftovers I have frozen and none of those things trigger me. I’d hate to throw out that food. And then I’ve decided to try and eat by the 80/20 rule so that I’m eating better most of the time, and if I figure out what triggers the pain, I will avoid those foods. I’m thinking last Monday, it might have been cheese. Cheese and butter are out right now. And if I’m not eating butter, I won’t make bread or rolls either. (Although its hot and I’m not baking anything!)

Hopefully, I can do this. I’m not trying to be perfect at eating better, but I really don’t want a lot of gallbladder pain and if this is what I have to do to avoid it, then so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment