Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2026

Summer Storm

The part of summer that I hate came early this year. It’s been hot and dry (less than 10% humidity in the air) and windy and everything is on fire. Normally, this doesn’t hit us truly until later in the summer. Some of the fires are big and have forced evacuations. I’m just praying people stay safe and that they can get them out eventually. Most of the fires are further south, but even Salt Lake had one on the mountain above the hospital. And now people are upset because the governor finally did something and called for a statewide ban on fireworks. Personal fireworks. Municipalities can still have their shows and whatnot. I say yay. I’m a grinch when it comes to fireworks, and I know it. 

We did finally get some rain today. And that has been lovely. I woke up early and turned my fan off and a little bit later it started to rain. I just laid in bed and listened to it for a while. I’ve had my windows open and just been loving the cooler temps plus then general stormy atmosphere. I even just heard some thunder. While it’s coming and going I have decided to read in my library. Might as well enjoy it. Plenty of time for errands and chores later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment