Pages

Friday, June 5, 2026

Summer Plans

I finally figured out what I’m doing for my summer vacation! I didn’t have any set plans, and nothing was sounding good. I had already marked off the time on my work calendar and figured that I would just head down to the Shakespeare Festival and spend some time at home. I had also already ruled out a trip with WTT because it was just really expensive. I mean a tour is always more money, but this one was just more than I wanted to spend on a trip (that didn’t leave the U.S!). 

Then on Wednesday, I logged into my email and WTT had sent an email about trips that were almost full and closing soon. And wouldn’t you know it, but Nova Scotia and P.E.I. were on it for the exact same days I already have scheduled off. Prince Edward Island has been on my bucket list since I made it. L. M. Montgomery’s books were a huge part of my childhood and I’ve always wanted to go there. I’ve halfway planned a trip there before, but didn’t truly want to go by myself. 

So I jumped on the internet to see what kind of flights were available and as soon as I found something I could handle, I signed up for the trip, and then purchased my flights before I even knew I was in for sure. This trip is about $2000 cheaper and even though I told myself I’d never share a room again, I’m doing the room share. It’s one week and I have those great noise canceling headphones now. 

This trip does a little bit in Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, plus one day at PEI. If I were planning it myself, I’d do an extra day to take in the Anne of Green Gables musical theater show, but I’m ok not doing that, especially since I don’t have to plan any of the transportation, which includes a ferry. I’m just super excited to be walking around and see the coast up there, as well as some AOGG stuff. 

So I’ve got my vacation sorted aaaannnnddddd…. I also planned for a 3 day weekend in August to head to Cedar City. I can hit up a few of the shows in a long weekend and that will be great for this year. Next year, I’ll see if any of the girls want to do another bigger trip. 

So this summer is shaping up to be a nice one so far. I’m sure June will be over before I know it. I also have a work trip to NC in there and we want to do something as a family, maybe head up to Bear Lake for a day or something like that. 

I’ve been walking again and I’m still going to water aerobics. I still love it, although last night I did not want to go. I was so tired but I went anyway and I had a great time. Plus, the instructor was a substitute and we did a different workout, which was nice. It helps me use my muscles in a different way. I am starting to notice that I’m getting stronger in my legs. Getting up off the floor is getting easier. Reminds me of what I already know: little changes done over a period of time will add up if I keep with it. 

So yeah, summer is here and it will be over before I know it. Still not looking forward to the heat (although I have not turned my A/C on yet, but it’s coming) but I can handle it. And after summer comes my favorite months of the year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment