Made it to my first farmer’s market of the year. I met up with my sister and the twins so I knew this one would be the big one that I walked down into all of the vendors and not just the produce section. I got all sunscreened up and met up with them this morning.
It was a little smoky in the air from a fire, but I got used to it. I got a breakfast burrito and a blackberry mint juice at one of the vendors I like. Forget their name, but they’ve been doing it for a few years now and have good pastries too. I ended up with a bag of cherries, but that’s the only produce I got. I was tempted by the peas, but didn’t make it back to those tables. We got there late, but even between 8:30-9:00 am there were a lot of people.
I also bought the kids some Nutella covered strawberries and let them get their face painted. LOL the price has gone up, but I said once a year I can do it. That’s not something we really got to do as kids and I always thought I missed out. Of course, now I don’t want it done to me.
There was also a bookmobile called Withering Hearts that I got a really cute perpetual calendar that counts the books I’ve read this year. It’s now sitting on one of my bookshelves. LOL It’s got the wrong number on it though. I’ll have to fix that.
And before I left 25th street, I stopped in at The Romantics Archive, which is a new-ish indie bookstore. The did have more than just romance. There was a science fiction and mystery section as well. I bought a book and a little notepad set there. So that’s 2 more indies I’ve supported today and 3 total this month. That’s probably good for June.
On the way back to the car, I noticed that the Episcopalian Church of the Good Shepherd was open for tours. It’s a beautiful historical building that I’ve always wondered about. So I turned back and walked on in. The guy there let me ring the bell and then told me all about the stained glass and pews. It is a lovely old chapel. He said they also open during the Art Stroll and that seeing the sunset hit the stained glass is a must see. I think I’m going to have to go to the Art Stroll this summer. :)
So I’ve run all my errands and had my fun. I’ve a bunch of laundry to do and want a shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment