Pages

Monday, August 18, 2025

New Week, New Day

I know I’ve been complaining about the hot summer, but I won’t complain too much this week. This past weekend I went to the farmer’s market and bought myself some peaches. This morning I had a bowl full of fresh peaches for breakfast and it was glorious. I’m going to eat as many as I can over the next few weeks. Yum! 


I feel a little better about life this week. Trying again to get some things right. I’ve already walked this morning and I’ve eaten pretty healthy. I made a veggie tray and mom’s dill dip for family dinner yesterday so at lunch I had a plate full of leftover veggies and dip. Truly, I did not eat very well last week either. 


I finished a book yesterday that annoyed me at first because the main character was not super excited to be on her adventure - basically she was transported into fairyland. But once I put my expectations aside, I ended up loving the book and gave it 5 stars. I’ve already read my favorite parts over again. It’s funny how some phrases or events in a book just stick to you and elevate it to a book that you love. I’ve been waiting for months now to have that book hangover feeling and so it was nice to finally get it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment