Pages

Friday, October 4, 2024

October 4th

It would have been my mom's birthday today. 76 years. I'm a little weepy today, that's for sure. And it's ok, I'm allowed to have my feelings today. I think I've been having them all week actually, because I have bought so many things: new shirts, more air plants, perfume, and a puzzle. I most definitely did not need any of that and now it has to stop!

I've got a list of things I need to get done for work, and then I think I'm signing off. I have vacation available and if I get my job done, nobody cares if I leave early.


I got my Halloween decorations out. All 4 of them. Ha ha...  The 4th is this cat on a wooden plate. My mom made it when I was young and it's been part of Halloween my whole life. When we cleaned out her house, I just couldn't see it going to a thrift store, even though I have no use for it. So it's sitting on my table. If I decide to put candy on it, it will have to be the kind I don't like, otherwise I will eat it. 

It's conference weekend and I'm looking forward to a more relaxed few days to be at home and just enjoy this time of year. I've got some projects and things to work on while I listen to conference. I'll get through today and things will be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment