Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Busy Week

I did have a nice, relaxing weekend. I barely left my house and listened to every session of general conference while I cleaned, cooked, or did puzzles. I also finished a craft and pulled weeds in my flower bed and started to get it ready for winter. 

Winter....ha ha it doesn't even feel that much like fall. We are still hitting the 80s. It is quite cool some mornings, and it's definitely getting dark much earlier. I really enjoyed being home to watch the shadows from the sun in my backyard. They come earlier and are just so much softer than in the summer. 

I've been waiting for a nice rainy day to read something for Fall/Halloween and do a reshelving project in my library on a day when I want to be inside. I've read like 5 non-fiction books in a row now. That's not exactly normal for me, but it's what I've been in the mood for, I guess. I also haven't really had any Halloween movies on. Ha ha I'm not that far into October so I don't know why it's getting to me. I guess what I really want to do is hibernate, and instead I've been doing other things. I have a busy 2 weeks ahead of me and will be getting out and about a lot. I guess that's good as well. I know the dark days are coming so I should get out while I can enjoy the nice weather. 

I did get my split bead wreath finished. I'm very happy with the way it turned out, even though I spent waaaayyyyy too much money on it. I started out with a different set of floral items to put on it. And they would have looked really good as well, but I soon found that they were very bulky and the dried stems broke off very easily and made a mess. I wasn't sure how I'd be able to store it. So it was back to the store to find something else. Now to work on all the other craft/projects I've already paid for. LOL






No comments:

Post a Comment