Things that are making
me happy right now. Well, one thing anyway. Music. I went for a nice drive into
the mountains this weekend and listened to some old favorites again. Sara Evans
among others. And this morning I listened
to the Sweeney Todd soundtrack. I really love that musical. The songs are
fantastic. While it may not have the happiest ending, it’s still one of my
favorites.
I am just doing what a
lot of people are doing and trying not to go stir crazy. I am often alone but
seldom lonely. Right now I can definitely say I get lonely. I was at a conference
when I heard a speaker say that social media is the junk food of connection. It
will fill you for a small time but has none of the nutritional value you need.
That feels very true right now. I don’t want social media, I want real people. My
people. My sister sent pictures of her family in the backyard with their fire
pit. My other sister set up her tent in her living room and camped out with her
babies. Now I’m jealous I don’t have a fire pit or a tent.
I’m dying to go
somewhere. I was finally able to re-read some old favorite books so right now I’m
going places with music and books. A pie shop in London for one, and an
archaeological dig in Scotland for another. 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment