It was such a fun trip and I'm so, so glad I got to go. The group was great, and if I ever have another trip I don't want to bother planning, I would definitely use the Women Traveling Together tour group again.
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Egypt, Part 3 - Aswan
The last part of my trip was Aswan. The cruise ship docked there and we saw more temples. Ha ha, yes there were a lot of them. We also drove to the high dam and got to look out on Lake Nasser. Learning about the politics behind that dam was interesting. We also got to shop for perfume oils and aromatherapy and spices. Then some of the group took a short trip to Abu Simbel. I decided not to go even though I heard it was amazing. The truth is I had never heard of it when I booked the trip and it was an extra 400 dollars. Instead I got to take a motor boat trip on the Nile to a Nubian village. I loved the boat ride. The village was kind of fun but it was a little strange to be walking into a person's house and taking pictures. Although it does get them money. I don't know...
Finally, we all flew back to Cairo and on the very last day we went to Giza and saw the pyramids up close. I have to admit that even though this is the iconic Egypt, once we got there, it was not my favorite part. It was really cool, but it didn't outweigh everything I had already seen. Part of that could be that it was the last day and I was ready to go home. Also, we didn't get to walk everywhere. The parts I saw were where the bus took us. If my sister and I had been doing it we would have walked a lot. A lot. It's a huge place.
It was such a fun trip and I'm so, so glad I got to go. The group was great, and if I ever have another trip I don't want to bother planning, I would definitely use the Women Traveling Together tour group again.
It was such a fun trip and I'm so, so glad I got to go. The group was great, and if I ever have another trip I don't want to bother planning, I would definitely use the Women Traveling Together tour group again.
Labels:
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment