Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving Week

Spent the whole week off work and having myself a little stay-cation. It’s been such a needed break. I don’t think I did much of anything useful but I wasn’t really supposed to. I went shopping with my mom on Monday and almost all of my Christmas shopping is done. Tuesday, mom and I went to the temple in the morning and then I did some errands like getting the oil changed in my car. I took it easy on Wednesday and made rolls.


Seeing pans of dishcloth covered rolls on the the table on Thanksgiving morning is one of my favorite childhood holiday memories. To this day, it makes me happy. Of course, I don’t get up as early as my mom so I rolled them out on Wednesday morning (at a normal time) and then let them rise and baked them that afternoon.


I also got to use the little bread basket thing I picked up last year in Austria. I never use it just for myself.



And did I mention it snowed!! Yay!!! It snowed off and on almost all week. And it dumped overnight on Wednesday. Lot’s of heavy snow. I was going to try and just drive through it out of my driveway but the plow truck came by and I was not going anywhere. So I shoveled myself out. I haven’t shoveled snow in a long time. That’s hard work!


We made candy on Friday, of course. Although we cut it back this year and I’m glad we did. It only took a few hours and then we were able to clean it up and watch movies. My nephew was dying to go back to Best Buy (he had gone early with his dad, but he’s a very slow decision maker) so I told him I’d take him in the evening. It was busy, but not so bad I couldn’t handle it. And luckily, he knew what he wanted and we weren’t there very long.

On Saturday, my mom and I took most of the kids to Frozen II. Then we tried to go to Ogden’s Christmas parade and lighting of the Christmas Village. Ha ha... yeah, that was a total bust. Below is the happy picture. Then there was lots of complaining. I mean, I was prepared and even I was cold so I don’t blame them. The parade was kind of slow and the kids weren’t really interested in it. Plus, you couldn’t see all of it through the people. So we left before it was even over. Missed all the lights. And it’s ok. We went and got hot chocolate and then I was home and wrapped up in a blanket. So that’s not something I want to try again unless we end up with a warmer and less snowy Thanksgiving in a few years.


Like I said, it’s been a great week. I’m so thankful for my family and my warm house and the really good life that I can live. I’ve been very blessed. And you know what? I’m ready to get back to work and into my regular routine. That seems weird to say since I’m always complaining about it. Guess I’ll try not to complain and be grateful that I have a job and a routine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment