Pages

Monday, December 30, 2019

Best Books of the Decade


Since everybody is doing “decade” lists on the internet along with year end lists, I thought I’d look back on my favorite books of the decade. To qualify, they had to be on my “best of year” list on Goodreads, I have to own them, they impacted me in ways I still remember, and they garnered multiple re-reads.  Some of these books and series are responsible for huge book hangovers and the inability to let go of them. Others were read right when I needed them.




The Queen of Attolia – Megan Whalen Turner
Magic Bleeds – Ilona Andrews
The Scorpio Races – Maggie Stiefvater
Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
A Conspiracy of Kings – Megan Whalen Turner
Song of Scarabaeus – Sara Creasy
Lady of the Glen – Jennifer Roberson
Easy – Tammara Webber
Master of Crows – Grace Draven
Binding the Shadows – Jenn Bennett
Written in Red – Anne Bishop
Every Breath – Ellie Marney (entire series)
One Plus One – Jojo Moyes
The Road Home – Ellen Emerson White
Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
Six of Crows – Leigh Bardugo (entire series)
Nimona – Noelle Stevenson
A Darker Shade of Magic – V.E. Schwab (entire series)
Den of Wolves – Juliet Marillier
Death Wears a Mask – Ashley Weaver
Revolution – Jennifer Donnelly
Dark Minds – Michelle Diener
Madam, Will You Talk? – Mary Stewart
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me – Mariana Zapata
White Hot – Ilona Andrews
The Firebird – Susanna Kearsley
Wait For It – Mariana Zapata
The Opposite of You – Rachel Higginson
Letters to the Lost – Brigid Kemmerer
Storm Cursed – Patricia Briggs

I look at this list and think there are a lot that are my favorite books that are missing. But then I realize that sometimes books get better after time and might not have been on my Best Of list back when I read it. Some of the books on the lists didn’t make this cut even though I liked them at the time I read them. And there are a few that I loved and might have re-read them over the years, but I don’t own them.


No comments:

Post a Comment