Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November 9


Today I am sad. And truth be told, a little bit shocked. I seriously didn’t think he would win the election. I didn’t, and couldn’t in good conscience, vote for him. But I know a lot of people, of good people, who did. Why? I’m trying to wrap my head around that. It’s hard to do. Maybe I just have to say we have a difference of opinion when it comes to some things and leave it at that.

It truly is too soon to tell what will happen, so for now I’m turning off the news reports and social media. I’m going to think about how I can be a little kinder or make my place (i.e. neighborhood, community) a little better. I know my prayers this morning were a little more heartfelt and sincere. I sat in the sunshine at lunch and just tried to be grateful for the nice weather. Maybe I’ll pull out an old favorite book before I go to bed tonight. Whatever it takes to get some sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment