Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Count Your Blessings


Hard to believe Christmas will be here before I know it. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and long weekend. I spent time with the family and read some books and did some shopping (not on Black Friday) and made candy. We’ve officially decided to call it Brown Friday since that’s the day the candy making commences and chocolate gets everywhere. Oddly enough, with my dad gone, my mom got up early and started the chocolate melting. We started rolling and dipping right after I got there around 10:00 and were completely finished and had the mess cleaned up by 4:00. Seriously the fastest candy making year ever. I missed my dad being there. It was always his job to make sure the chocolate was melting and the nuts were chopped. Ha ha…the chocolate probably doesn’t dare not melt quickly with my mom in charge.


We also got a snow storm yesterday so there is white stuff all around. I hope it lasts so we can have a white Christmas. I’m almost finished with the Christmas shopping, even. 



But before I get too deep into Christmas, I want to take a few moments more to be thankful.

My car is still running

The internet – even though it distracts me way too much
Grocery stores so I can just go buy food

People that share recipes on Pinterest or the aforementioned internet

My piano

Electricity

My little home that may not be grand or fancy and needs new carpet but fits me perfectly

Hot water right out of the tap

Family game nights

All of my kiddos who are growing up so fast

And much, much more. Everything I have is because I have been blessed by my Heavenly Father.
Now the Christmas season can begin and I’ll still be counting my blessings. Did you see, I even put up a tree this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment