It’s Good Friday and Easter weekend. My company used to give this day as a holiday and until last year, my office still did. This year they gave us a floating holiday so I’m working, but it’s really, really slow. Lots of people are off. And oddly enough, I’m taking my holiday on Monday instead. We’ve just wrapped up a big project and a month of extra support after the go-live. I had originally planned on Monday off because I needed a break. I’m not as stressed about work right now, but decided to keep the day off. I should celebrate and recalibrate.
I’ve been reading books from the library lately. It’s kind of nice. The library had a few of the books on my buy list so I borrowed them instead. Or put them on hold. If I love them, I can consider buying later. Checking the library first is a habit I need to work on, but I’m getting better at it. I have spent a little money lately on a few products that I already love. And I just bought myself 2 small bottles of perfume. I’m calling that my reward for making it through go-live.
Actually, I’ve spent a bunch of money recently, but some of it will be repaid to me. My sisters and I have a trip planned to Cedar City this summer. We are going back to the Shakespeare Festival, but this year we’re taking an extra day and having some fun. Plus, with the amount of people going, we decided to rent an Airbnb. It’s going to be fun. I’m pretty excited about it. But I just bought the theater tickets. With the amount of people going to the theater, this year I bought the cheaper seats. We will still be able to see everything just fine. LOL I’m slowly learning to be frugal. I haven’t had to be frugal for so long that it’s a bit of a change. But just because I don’t have to be doesn’t mean I shouldn’t try to be.
I still miss mom a lot on the holidays but I’m learning that they can still be good, just not like they used to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment