Pages

Monday, December 16, 2024

It's Coming Fast

One more full week of work until Christmas and New Year’s and the year winds to a close. It’s not a year I want to repeat so I hope that next year will be a little better. It will be different of course, but hopefully I continue to heal and grow. 

I ended up having a really nice weekend, all things considered. I spent some time with my brother’s kids and at home I read and baked and made caramel. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to bother with neighbor gifts this year, but something a guy said in church made me think I should do it. So I did. 

Recent events also had me meditating and taking a good look at my life and I have to admit I’ve grown complacent about a lot of things and I’m letting more things happen to me and passively accepting them. It’s time to make a course correction. I know myself and I know I will probably fall back into some old habits but maybe I can continue to make small changes and see it faster when I get off course. 

I’m hopeful. I think that’s a good way to celebrate Christmas and start the new year. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment