It's hard to believe that we're to the end of the year again. I had my family over on Sunday for cookies and we played games. Later today we will be getting together for our family Christmas celebration. I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow I plan to spend the day in my pajamas, watching movies and reading. My brother invited me to his house and I thanked him because it was nice of him, but the being alone part doesn't bother me. Christmas has been quiet for years with just me and mom and Amy, and then me and mom after the twins came. I even have a couple presents under the tree (and I don't know what all of them are!) so I'll get to open a present or two. Funny how that isn't important to me as I'm getting older. But on the other hand, I wanted something for myself under the tree since mom isn't around to give me things I don't need. :) I found another silly kitchen timer in the back of a kitchen drawer. I'm keeping it, even though I never use the things.
My sister made popcorn cake this year. She didn't have the Bundt pan so she put them in muffin tins, which is a fantastic idea. They didn't taste quite like mom's but the flavor is definitely there and eating one kind of made the day for me. I have 2 more wrapped up waiting for tomorrow.
I miss mom and it's still going to be a good holiday with the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment