Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2024

Summer Solstice

The longest day of the year has arrived. I’m glad mostly because that means the days start getting shorter and fall will come. I’m not wishing away my summer yet, I still have fun stuff planned. But looking forward to being in my car without sweating. 

I’ve had 3 days off this week. I took the days so I could go to girl’s camp, but because it was stake camp this year, they didn’t need me except for rides. I already had it on the calendar so I took the time off work anyway. It’s been nice. I did spend a small chunk of yesterday up at the campsite. Then this morning I went to do some volunteer time at the peach orchard. I came home all itchy so I got cleaned up and ate lunch then decided to do some shopping. I know, I’m not supposed to because I’m not supposed to be buying “stuff” this year. But I got a new area rug for my living room and it’s a net zero because the other one is being taken to the D.I. I am really tired of that old rug shedding weird fibers and powdery stuff all over my floor. My new one is made from a different fiber/material so hopefully that problem is gone.

Yesterday, my sister helped me install the new garbage disposal - and by help I mean she did it while I played with her kids. 🥰 We gotta do what we’re best at. It’s nice to have 2 sinks working again. And I finally sprayed WD40 on my deadbolt on my front door so I can turn it again without getting stuck. Just finally getting to the little things is really making me happy. Now I need to borrow a drill to do a few more things on my to-do list.

I miss mom, but life is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment