A favorite food blogger published a cookbook and did a little book signing party in her area: Boise. So my sister thought it would be fun to go to and got us tickets for the event. Yesterday, I took a half day off work and we drove up to Boise. We had just enough time to get there, find something to eat for dinner, and find the venue as it was starting at 6 pm. The venue was some outdoor place that looks like it is probably used for wedding receptions and things like that. It was beautiful and green and had flowers and trees and a small pond/fountain thing.
We got there early enough that the line for the signing wasn’t so long so we did that first and got to meet her and she was really nice. We had already purchased our cookbooks online and brought them with us. Then we went and got snacks. It was catered and had all kinds of bread with flavored butters. I had blackberry butter on my bread and it was so good. They also had a bunch of different cookies from the cookbook. When the line for the merchandise got shorter we got back in line and I purchased a hoodie that says Homebody on it. LOL it was weird purchasing hoodies in the heat, but it will be nice this winter.
We left after that and checked into our hotel. It was about 8:30 and we watched HGTV until bedtime. This morning we got up and had breakfast and came back home. So it was a quick trip, but actually a lot of fun and was nice to get out.
It’s going to get hot over the next couple days so summer is really here. This was just the first thing I have planned and I think its a good thing to make time for some fun after what this year has been so far. so I’m actually looking forward to the next couple months this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment