I expected to be numb on Friday but was actually antsy and wanted to do something. So I did the project I had been thinking about to turn my spare bedroom/office into just an office. My sister and nephew helped get the bed out of there (it went to my sister’s house) and then I took one of mom’s chairs. I’ve got one more small table type of thing ordered, which is going to be a plant stand of sorts. And I started cleaning out the closet and bins that were stored under the bed. I’ve still got some sorting to do, but it feels good to have started.
Today we all met at mom’s house to start cleaning out the food and food storage. We cleaned out so much from the old house before they moved here, but I cannot believe what she was storing. We threw a lot of stuff away. It was open and some of the grains we didn’t even know what they were. I have a bunch of her home canned food now. I’m trying to be intentional in the stuff I take from her home. I don’t need more stuff just because it’s nice or was hers. Ha ha I talked myself out of some bread pans and when I got home, I found they were the same as what I have. So I need to be careful and remember I’m trying to clean out my house as well. We still have a really long way to go, but it was nice to all be there working together as a family.
So I have a lot of pasta and fruit and vegetables to eat up now. I’ve eaten out too much these last 2 weeks so I think it will be nice to start cooking again. I think I can eat pretty healthy with all the food I now have (including what I had before) and just shopping for a few fresh things when I need them. For sure, I will be meal planning around what I have in the pantry.
No comments:
Post a Comment