I spent a bunch of last week being productive and cleaned out and sorted places in my house. Some of the places I haven’t thought about for years and I could tell. I donated a bunch of stuff and then put some in the trash. It felt really good. I’d like to keep up the momentum for a while.
So I’ve said before that I don’t make New Year’s resolutions and I’m not changing that but I’d like to work on accumulating less stuff this year. Now that I’ve gotten rid of some stuff I didn’t need, I’d like to not bring in more stuff. So I need to think before I buy, and that includes books (hello, library card). I know I’ll have to make an effort because I have some bad habits, but it will be worth it. I’m not trying to go minimalist, but I don’t want to fill up my house either. Birthday shopping month might be hard lol, but maybe I can go somewhere instead of buying myself presents.
Anyway, that’s the plan. I probably won’t be perfect, but I am a work in progress, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment