Pages

Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday Morning

Some mornings are worth getting up for. Today as I left my house for work, I opened up my garage and there was a white coat of frost over the grass, trees, and pretty much everything. It was really quite pretty. I couldn't see the mountain because of a layer of fog. I'll pretend it was only fog and not also inversion/pollution. The drive to work was foggy as well. The nice kind that still lets me see where I'm driving. And then when I pulled off the freeway, I noticed that it was actually snowing. Or really thick fog? It was sticking to the ground and cars, super fine and soft. I kind of really love winter.  

I'm completely ready for Christmas. All the gifts have been bought and wrapped and yesterday I delivered treats to my neighbors. I made spiced applesauce bread in fancy baking cups and caramels. I was trying for raspberry caramels like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory does. These are not them. I used 3 teaspoons of extract and it's not enough. There's only a hint of raspberry. They are still really tasty though. Next time I try it, I'll use raspberry oil instead. 

Anyway, it's going to be a busy week to get through both at work and home, but then starting Friday afternoon, I plan to relax and just have a Merry Christmas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment