I went to the Duran Duran: Future Past concert tonight in Salt Lake City. I had SO! MUCH! FUN!!
I heard about it on the radio a couple months ago and just knew I had to go. Duran Duran is one of the bands of my childhood. This is a silly memory but my cousin always wanted to play house and I didn’t really care for baby dolls so I always told her that we could play house as long as we were married to members of Duran Duran. Ha ha ha. I still have their greatest hits CD and guess what’s going to be playing for days to come.
Anyway, I heard about it and checked with my concert loving friend and she couldn’t make that date so I checked with my theater loving friend and she said yes. We have a season pass to the theater but both of us have decided we need to watch for fun concerts now as well.
The opening acts were Bastille and Nile Rogers and Chic. We got there and found our seats in time to hear like the last Bastille song and the only one I knew. I truly have no idea who Nile Rogers and Chic are and didn’t recognize their music, except that Nile Rogers wrote a ton of songs that I do know and they sang a bunch of different stuff so it was pretty fun.
Then it was finally time for Duran Duran a little after 9 pm. They started with Wild Boys and ended the encore with Rio. In between they played all my favorites with about 4 songs I didn’t really know. It was fantastic. Simon can still sing and John Taylor is still on the guitar. Nick Rhodes still on the keyboard. Roger Taylor was on drums.




No comments:
Post a Comment