I finally got my new reading glasses. I say finally, even though it’s only been about 12 days. I missed them. The progressive bifocal is just not the same. It’s great for some things but not for hours of reading. And with my updated prescription, the words are sharp again. I love it.
I also did my first dry eye treatment and now I’m wondering what I got myself into. LOL It’s called Optilight or Ultilight? I can’t remember. But it wasn’t exactly done the way the brochure said. It’s like laser light applied to your face and eyelids to get your cells to repair themselves or something like that. It was the option most likely to give quicker results so I took it.
I have had electrolysis done before so I was kind of expecting something like that, but it did not feel anything like it. They put numbing drops in my eyes (like 3 different times) and then they smeared some kind of gel/lotion all over my face and eyelids and then put some kind of cover over my eyeballs to protect them from the light. I still saw lots of light flashes and it wasn’t until they took the caps back off that I realized how dark they actually made everything. Then it’s almost like being struck with a rubber band that’s on fire. But in my mind I keep thinking it was a tiny defibrillator being used because I jumped/twitched every single time. Dr. said that was normal. So yes, when the hot thing touched my face it hurt and burned. But it was only for a second and it disappeared fast. The actual treatment on the eyelids didn’t hurt at all. It’s much lighter. The upper lip area and sides of my forehead hurt the worst.
When that part was done I got to wipe off my face and clean it up then the doctor tried to get my meibomian glands to express oil. My right eye got a little bit out and he said it was the consistency of tooth paste, but it’s supposed to be more like olive oil. My left eye not a drop. After my 4-6 treatments, I’m supposed to see some real improvement there. Now, I just can’t go in the sun without sunscreen and hat on, but that’s not a problem at this time of year, plus I always wear sunscreen.
Overall, right after the treatment was finished, I felt like I had been run over by a train or something. I was wiped, even though the actual pain disappeared by the time I cleaned my face off. The sunburn feeling was gone by the time I drove home. Now its just my eyelids that feel a little soreness and that’s not even worse than normal. So yes, I can handle it and I will be fine, it’s just a really strange, weird process. Next time I’ll be more prepared for it and bring something to pull back my hair and clip back my bangs. I really, really hope this helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment