Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Memorial Day 2020



I had a really great weekend. I took Friday off to make it 4 days. At first I thought why waste vacation days when I can’t go anywhere, but I’ve decided this year will be different. I’ll waste them if I want to. After all, I was lucky enough to get to go on my big vacation. Plus, I’m still working and having time away from work really does help. As it turns out, I was out of my house every day this weekend and it felt so much like “normal’ life and it was exactly what I needed to get out of a little funk.

On Friday I took some flowers up to my grandma’s grave in Wellsville and then in the afternoon/evening went up to my sister’s house where we had a family sleepover. It ended up raining and snowing that night so I was glad we were indoors. Saturday morning after breakfast we all went to the Brigham City cemetery. It was cold that morning and early enough that there were not a lot of people. We walked to all the different family graves we put flowers on. After I got home I did some housework and then took a nice long nap. On Sunday I rearranged my bedroom. I had to take my bed apart to move it. Still, it didn’t take as long as I thought and I had been putting it off. I haven’t had my bed in it’s new position ever so it is taking a little bit of getting used to but I like the change. It makes my bedroom feel bigger and it was plenty big before. Then on Monday I went with my brother and sister to explore Blacksmith Fork Canyon. Dad used to take us up there fishing a lot when we were young. I haven’t been up there in many years. It was so beautiful and felt good to get out. Of course, with crying and complaining kids, it was also nice to get back home. It’s supposed to get hot this week which means I missed the best temperatures but summer’s coming and I’m really going to try and get outside more.





No comments:

Post a Comment