And life during a pandemic goes on...
I planted flowers this weekend. I've got grand plans for a small garden box at the back of my house, but for now I did my normal planting in my front flower garden and my pots. And by pots, I mean all my pots. I normally try to hold myself back a little bit but I did not at all this year. I bought every flower that took my fancy. And a bunch of herbs. They used up every pot I had, plus new ones I bought.
It was a perfect day for flower shopping at the nursery. By that I mean it was raining and there were not very many people there. I loved it. I've got ideas to turn my back patio into a miniature flower garden too, with pots and plant stands. I figure I might as well. It makes me happy and since I'm not going anywhere this summer, there's no reason I can't water them and keep them healthy and happy.
A few weeks ago I decided I had to have a stand mixer, even though I've gotten along just fine without one until now. I got a wonderful Bosche compact mixer. I finally used it this weekend and the first thing I did with it was donuts. I cooked them up and delivered fresh, homemade donuts to my family. It was fun. I'm not sure I loved the donuts and they were kind of a lot of work, plus my house smelled like fry oil for days...but I really loved seeing all my family as I delivered them.


No comments:
Post a Comment