May just worked out for vacationing this year. I spent this last week in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. I have had it on my mind to go to Newport and see the old mansions and summer homes of the rich people. :) I love historic homes and I loved Newport.
We toured 5 of them. I could have done a few more, but not on the same day. Five was plenty for one day. Plus, we walked and it was a lot of time on your feet. I only took pictures of the outsides of them because I have tons of pictures of insides of various palaces and castles and homes and I never look at them and they are a little bit useless out of context.
 |
| Marble House |
 |
| Rosecliff |
 |
| The Breakers |
 |
| Chateau-sur-Mer |
 |
| The Elms |
The cliff walk was just beautiful.
Then we spent a couple days on Cape Cod and took a ferry over to Nantucket. If I had planned better to get out of the harbor part of Nantucket, I would have liked it a little more. It was a beautiful place, and also had a bunch of historic homes that I had fun looking at as I walked the streets.
And finally, two other stops were to Edward Gorey's house and Plymouth Rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment