My mom and I took a little road trip to Scottsdale last
week. The object of the road trip was to get to The Poisoned Pen bookstore and
a book signing of C.S. Harris, Anna Lee Huber, and Victoria Thompson. I spent
so much money in that bookstore! I feel good supporting independent
bookstores, even if this one isn’t one I can get to often. Or possibly ever
again.
Near the hotel we found a Cornish Pasty Co. restaurant.
Yum! I’ve eaten there in Seattle and will admit that we also bought a half baked
one to take home and eat.
It was a long time in a car, but fun anyway. It rained on us
quite a bit on the way down. And a little bit on the way back home. Still, it
was great weather.
And we got to stop at Horseshoe Bend on the way back…with
about 1000 other tourists. It was kind of busy for a drizzle-y Thursday
morning. I can’t imagine what it’s like in the summer.
We also did a quick little hike to the toadstool hoodoos.
It was nice and way less crowded than the horseshoe. Plus, the parking lot is
small so the big tourist buses would have a hard time getting in there.
It was a fun, fast trip!





No comments:
Post a Comment