Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March non-Madness


Yay! Spring is officially here, even if the forecast is still calling for snow.

I finally went to the eye doctor a couple weeks ago. Yep, I need reading glasses. I picked them up on Friday. I had no idea if I wanted reading glasses that I only use for reading or if I wanted glasses I just wear. So I got ones I take off and only wear for reading. LOL – it’s kind of annoying because I can’t see anything except the book in front of me with them on. So maybe I made the wrong decision. I don’t know. But I see far just fine so maybe it is what it is. I haven’t decided yet if they help me when I’m playing the piano. I can’t keep them on long enough because while it helps with the music, it’s weird looking down at my fingers. That may just take some getting used to.  I do like them for reading though. It’s definitely an improvement there.
I’ve been on a huge Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle book binge. Overdrive has a bunch of them. Back in the late 90’s when I first started reading contemporary romance types of books, I didn’t really care for her style. That could have something to do with the fact that I liked historicals better back then. Now, I’m picky about the historical books I read and I’m liking the quirks in her books. Maybe it’s just that I’m reading older books but they do seem slightly dated but it’s in a way that doesn’t bother me. I dunno… it’s funny how tastes change over time and how some books will always be favorites but others don’t work at certain times.
I am loving my Overdrive account. Borrowing books with a click of the button is so much fun. Plus, I can try a bunch of books without leaving my home, and if I don’t like them, it’s super easy to return them.


No comments:

Post a Comment