The managers at work decided to give us Good Friday as a
paid holiday this year (took away our floating holiday which I wasn’t happy
about) so I had a 3 day weekend for Easter. I pretty much wasted Friday by
sleeping in, going for a nice walk, doing a little shopping. Then I had the
kids sleep over. It’s the first time they have slept over since I got my new
floor and I might have been a little anxious that they didn’t spill on it. They
didn’t so it was fine. I had 5 kids stay with me and it was a little crazy but
not too bad. I think they had fun. They are old enough now, and with that many
of them, I let them all sleep downstairs and I slept upstairs in my own bed so
I actually got a little sleep.
On Saturday I had my 5 year old niece for the day and we
spent a few hours at the park. It was such a nice day and she had a blast at
the park. I told my other sister we need to take a picnic and take all the kids
back there when it warms up just a bit more.
Only a few more weeks and I can
plant flowers. One of the hostas I planted last year survived the winter (possibly
2 of them survived) and so did the ground cover I planted. I can’t remember the
name of it but it is spreading ever so slightly which is what I wanted it to
do. I can’t wait to get some color in there.
I’ve been buying books like crazy and really need to stop.
A lot of them were used, but still. I bought one more bookshelf in February to
match my others thinking it would be a good space to fill in eventually. Yeah,
it’s filling up a lot faster than I through it would. LOL something about an
empty shelf I just want to fill. I am loving my library and am so glad I
changed my house and added that room.
No comments:
Post a Comment