Christmas hasn’t exactly felt like Christmas the past couple
years, between my parents selling their house and moving somewhere smaller and
my dad dying. Change is inevitable so I’m not saying Christmas isn’t a good
time, it’s just been different. In my opinion one reason (besides the 2 I’ve
already mentioned) has been that my mom gave the piano to my sister when they
moved and Christmas had always been filled with music on the piano. Not great music,
mind you because we are not the greatest pianists, but music all the same. Over
Thanksgiving I asked my sister if her old keyboard could travel and we set it
up at mom’s house. It was fun. Not only did we get to play our Sleigh Ride
duet, the kids had a blast playing around with the sounds and dancing around. My
niece made her bring it back last night to family dinner and we played it
again. Livi is learning the piano and we’ve been practicing a duet. It’s kind
of amazing what music can do to the human spirit, not only at Christmas time
but all times.
We had our first snow of the season in the valley last night
and I got up early for spin class. It was so beautiful this morning. It was
still dark with just the street lights and porch lights and most of the snow
hadn’t been driven in. It was totally worth getting up for, even if I hadn’t
been headed to the gym. I’m still loving spin. I think I’m slowly adjusting to
the seat. My butt still gets sore but seems to be getting over it a little
quicker than before. Good thing, because I’m not ready to quit at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment