Well, I did the unthinkable. Seriously. Never in my life did I think I would do this. I joined a gym. Before last week I would have told you the only type of exercise I do in public is walking, and even then I prefer to walk on the parkway or in less busy neighborhoods where I won't see people I might know.Weird, I know.
When I changed my house around this year and made myself a library, I got rid of my treadmill. I did use it, but there just wasn't any room for it. I kept my stationary bike, but I think I'm going to get rid of it very soon. My friend talked me into trying a spin class. She has been going with another friend off and on for a while now so last Friday I went to class with her. And I realized I can go to a 5:30 spin class and still make it home to be ready to leave on time for work. So Monday after I went to class with her again, I joined the gym. I'M NOT EVEN WORKING THIS WEEK AND I GOT UP TWICE TO GO TO A 5:30 AM SPIN CLASS! What in the world am I thinking? I'm not going to lie. It was really hard to get up this morning. I had a dream I had overslept and didn't make it and when my alarm went off, I was a little disappointed. LOL
Anyway, I'll see what happens. I'm not going to say I love spin class, but I kind of do. If my tailbone will ever get used to the seat, I might be able to do this. I can't say I'm any good at all and there's no way I can get to the speeds most of the class does, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that I kept pedaling even when I wanted to stop.
This morning I've got a company coming to clean my vents out and then I'm enjoying my week off. I probably need to go buy some more workout clothes if I'm going to be sweating in public.
No comments:
Post a Comment