Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Home Improvement

So earlier this year I decided 2017 was definitely the year to begin some home improvements. I decided to start downstairs and do one level at a time. The first thing to change was the carpet. I don't know who decided putting carpet in a dining room was a good idea, but I've hated it since I moved in.


Before:




The carpet was nasty and had a stain spot I couldn't get out and it only ever looked good right after it was vacuumed. I've been wanting to get rid of it for awhile now.


After:






I'm very happy how it turned out. It's not quite that warm of a color depending on the light in the room so I'm rethinking the paint color I was going to go with.  Next up will be painting, then I can move my furniture back in. Of course, now I'm rethinking some of the wall dĂ©cor and trying to decide what kind of area rug to get, but those are fun decisions.  The kitchen is fine as is for now so I'm leaving it alone.


Now that the floor is in, I keep looking at the upstairs and thinking how awful that carpet looks. I have lots of ideas but can't make up my mind about a few things so I think I may still wait until next year to start the upstairs but it will probably be early next year. The inconvenience of basically moving out for a couple weeks is starting to sound doable. Especially if I'm as happy with the results as I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment