Monday, January 13, 2014

Snow shoes

On Saturday, I tried snow shoeing for the first time. I had a great time, although I think that can mostly be attributed to the fact that the sun was shining and there was blue sky and it was really a perfect morning to be outside.  But the snow shoes weren’t bad either.

Back in December my sister had told me about a sale the local sporting/camping goods store was having so I went and checked it out and ended up with a pair of snow shoes, poles, and bag to put them in.  My sister and then my brother also decided to get a pair.  I’ve wanted to try it for a few years now.

So the three of us went to the Mt. Ogden Park and golf course on Saturday and gave it a go. There was another group with some snow shoes, a man and woman cross country skiing, and a group that was sledding.  It was a great place to go for my first time. We followed the cross country tracks for a bit and then I decided to tackle one of the hills. I really had a great time and it’s just a plus that it was also a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment