It turned into a bit of drama because he thought we weren't getting there soon enough because we were flying in Friday morning and the con started an hour earlier than we got there. (The doors opened, but most things had not opened until after we got there and had our badges). I was not going to take more than 1 day off work for this thing. Anyway, it was a bit of drama and with his high anxiety, he was freaking out a bit. It turned out fine and he actually got to meet his person twice and was there early enough for the goodie bag. By the time we needed to leave on Sunday, I think he was conned out and didn't mind leaving a few hours before it actually ended.
I only went to the con on the first day and it's not my thing. It great that other people love it, but after about 4 hours I was tired (we had gotten up early for the flight) and wanted real food. So I left to eat lunch and then check into the hotel.
Saturday I dropped him off at the convention center and I drove to the coast. I had looked at things to do in San Jose but then decided that I was so close to the ocean, I should go see it. I drove to Natural Bridges State Park in Santa Cruz. I got there at low tide (not on purpose) so was able to explore some of the tide pools and just sit there in the sun and listen to the waves. It was really wonderful. I'm not a big fan of the sand, but I do love the waves. I was able to take a short walk along a butterfly sanctuary as well.
And on Sunday, I dropped Spencer off in the morning and then went over to the mall to park the car. From there I walked to the Winchester Mystery House for a tour. It was fun to see the old house, but this is one historic house that I can truthfully say I would not want to live in. With all the windows and doors that go nowhere and weird passages, it was very strange.
Then I hung out at the mall for a few hours until it was time to pick up Spencer and head to the airport. So quick trip and I'm tired today and I'm glad it's over. It was fun seeing Spencer's reaction to his first time flying. He had a pretty rough first day and between me and his mom we had to talk him off a ledge, but I helped him figure some things out and he had a blast the next 2 days. He talked non-stop on the way home and I was so tired and so tired of people, I was probably a bit grumpy with him. But I'm glad he had fun and discovered that he can do a lot of things on his own. He's already planning his next con. I will not be going with him. LOL








No comments:
Post a Comment