Pages

Monday, May 26, 2025

Happy Memorial Day

I’ve had a 4 day weekend because I took Friday off work. It’s been really nice. It’s getting hot and summer is on the horizon. My 5 year old nephew needed surgery on his hip and is in a cast and wheelchair for 5 weeks. On Friday I took the kids Happy Meals while my sister and I had Chipotle. Then on Saturday I invited them to Wellsville with me to take flowers to Grandma Walters’ grave. We did a micro-adventure with the wheelchair. It turned out pretty well. A lot of in and out when we stopped. 

One of the stops was a nursery/greenhouse in Logan that I had never been to. I was only going to buy 1 plant. It’s a beautiful little thing that looks similar to a shamrock plant, but the leaves are purple and it has little white flowers on it. But then I saw these pre-made floral baskets and they were on sale. Ha ha ha 
Mine is a moss “purse” with grapevine handles and flowers growing out of it. I put it outside in my flower garden. I love it. 


We did our cemetery visit yesterday. My brother is out of town this weekend and some of the kids worked today. It was nice and not so crowded, which was good for the wheelchair. But then today I was at the grocery store and bought one more mum. We discovered that great-great grandpa Hull is buried in the Ogden cemetery, which is not far from my house. I just felt like I should take the mums to him. He died in 1965 so I don’t really know much about him. But this is the big day to celebrate ancestors (and yes, I know it’s actually to celebrate our service men and women) so I figured it would be the thing to do.

I think I’ll spend the rest of the day reading and doing laundry and things around the house. Then I’ll be ready and relaxed and can go back to work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment