Almost exactly a year ago I posted a picture of me sitting in my library and when I found myself in the same spot today, I had to take another picture.
I have been waiting for a wet weekend to do a little shelving project in my library and today we finally got some snow. So I went through a couple shelves and got a stack of books to purge and then rearranged the shelves. Then after lunch I sat down with a mug of cocoa and finished my book.
I went to my aunt’s funeral yesterday. It’s just that part of life I am in, I guess. My cousin said some really nice things about how lucky we are to have these types of connections that we get to grieve. Not that it’s easy but how wonderful is life because we love people enough to grieve when they are gone.
As for the new year, it came with no fanfare at all. I was only awake because my cough was keeping me up. I didn’t even think of resolutions or new beginnings and I simply don’t care. There is a lot I’m looking forward to, but it’s also just another year gone by and another one starting.

No comments:
Post a Comment