Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Trip to Canada

I just spent a fantastic week in Canada. It’s a trip I reserved and booked early in the year, probably January. I had wanted to go somewhere this year and nothing was coming to me. Then I saw this trip listed on the WTT website. It’s the same company I used to go to Egypt. It is always a little bit anxiety-inducing to go on a trip with people I don’t know, but once again we had a great group of women and I was not the youngest (I was second youngest ha ha) person on the trip. My tour leader was really great as well. 





We started in Vancouver. I got there on Friday night and stayed in a hotel near the airport and then took an Uber the next morning to the hotel where we were all staying. I spent the afternoon wandering around the city. Then we met up as a group for the first time and had dinner together. Sunday, we took a tour of the city and then went to the Capilano suspension bridge, which was on my list of things I had wanted to do if I ever got to Vancouver.  After that, it was free time and I went to the Fly Over Canada attraction with another lady. It was so fun. I’ve heard of those kinds of rides, but never been on one. It’s the thing where you sit in the seat and it moves and the screen shows you a bunch of scenes you feel like you are flying over.  








Monday morning we boarded the Rocky Mountaineer train for a 2 day trip across the rocky mountains. It got a little long on the second day, but I had a really good time on the train and the scenery was so beautiful. 




On Wednesday we were in Banff and it was amazing. Mountains, rivers, trees, resort town: I loved all of it. I floated down the Bow river, did a few little hikes and walks and did some shopping in my free time. 






I did get to go to Lake Louise and Lake Moraine. It was raining and cloudy that day and I loved the way the mountains looked and the smell of the rain and pine trees. Unfortunately, since the sun was not shining, you couldn’t see the blue color the lakes are famous for. But whatever, it was still stunning. 





On our final day, we did a quick hike to the lower falls in Johnston canyon. Again, I loved it. I want to go back. I really need to get back up there with my sister. She’d be in heaven up there. 




So all in all a very good trip and I’m glad I got to go. It was the first of two trips I’ve been looking forward to for the summer. And when both trips are over, summer will almost be over and I’ll be looking forward again to fall and cooler temperatures and winter hibernation. Ha ha ha… but not yet. As much as I dislike the heat, I’m trying to live in the moment and enjoy the long days and sun.





No comments:

Post a Comment