Spring has finally arrived! The tulips and daffodils are up and I have pansies blooming from last year along with my yellow primrose. I cleaned out my flower bed and it’s ready for some spring planting. It will still be a few weeks before I get to it, but it’s coming.
I also took a couple evenings this week and cleaned out my garage. It feels soooooo good to have that done. I had so much junk in there. I still have things to throw away and boxes to break down but my garbage can was filled. So over the next week or 2 I’ll get rid of the rest of the small things that should have been thrown away years ago. I did not even remember that I own 2 dutch ovens. I must have taken one from my mom’s house about 10 years ago when we cleaned it out when they moved, but I don’t have any idea where the second one came from. It’s still in its original box. Ha ha it’s not like I use them. You can cook with them in the oven though so maybe I’ll try some of that next fall/winter.
We have one last weekend at my mom’s house. Saturday night it will be empty and clean and ready to sell. We’ve met with the realtor and she will have it listed shortly. We’re a long way from closing out the estate, but selling the house and car will be big steps. Sometimes I feel like I’m still in shock and can’t believe she’s gone. It’s a weird feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment